CND Shellac is a cross between nail polish and gel. It is to be applied like regular nail polish but must be cured using a UV lamp.
Shellac lasts much longer than your regular manicure; up to 14 days without chipping or peeling. Dry time is instant, making the application process fast and ensuring your polish doesn’t smudge.
See basic application instructions below or view detailed instructions here.
Shellac Application Instructions
- Apply Shellac UV Base Coat and cure each hand for 10 seconds under UV lamp.
- Apply one thin coat of Shellac color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply a second coat of color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply Shellac UV Top Coat and cure for 2 minutes.
- Remove the film left on top of the nail with a lint free pad soaked in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (available at most drugstores).
This is my first time using this product & I think it’s perfect. It’s definitely white & softens when applying clearly pink overtop, an excellent combination.
i very like shellac product
Okay so i applied 3 coats. It would probably need one more. It still wears well but i truly wanted a thick white with good coverage. I'm sure if used as a base in the layering techniques to brighten a color then it it would work wonderfully.
I bought this for French Manicures and the color is perfect. I found it very hard to apply but I've only just started and I think I laid it on way to thick and I did two coats. A few of my nails turned out alright but I would recommend only one coat or two VERY thin coats as this color does come out opaque despite saying that it's sheer.