Polish Name: Starry Sapphire (UV / LED Polish)
Description: Starry Sapphire is a blue/purple glitter.
Size: 0.25 fl. oz. / 7.3 mL
Brand: CND Shellac
Collection: Starstruck Collection (Fall 2016)
This product contains no toluene, DBP or added formaldehyde.
CND Shellac is a cross between nail polish and gel. It is to be applied like regular nail polish but must be cured using a UV lamp.
Shellac lasts much longer than your regular manicure; up to 14 days without chipping or peeling. Dry time is instant, making the application process fast and ensuring your polish doesn’t smudge.
See basic application instructions below or view detailed instructions here.
Shellac Application Instructions
- Apply Shellac UV Base Coat and cure each hand for 10 seconds under UV lamp.
- Apply one thin coat of Shellac color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply a second coat of color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply Shellac UV Top Coat and cure for 2 minutes.
- Remove the film left on top of the nail with a lint free pad soaked in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (available at most drugstores).
Each bottle is 7.3 mL and will last about 20 applications.
This product contains no formaldehyde, Toluene or DBP
There is a good amount of sparkle/glitter in this polish, but I'm giving it 4 stars because I'm a bit disappointed with the coverage. It almost seems to have a semi-clear base. You would need at least 3 coats with this, or use it as the top layer when layering colours. I layered 2 coats of Sparkling Sapphire over top of two coats Cerulean Sea. It looks okay and the colour is interesting, but I'm not 'wowed' by it. I much prefer Midnight Swim on its own. 123