CND Shellac is a cross between nail polish and gel. It is to be applied like regular nail polish but must be cured using a UV lamp.
Shellac lasts much longer than your regular manicure; up to 14 days without chipping or peeling. Dry time is instant, making the application process fast and ensuring your polish doesn’t smudge.
See basic application instructions below or view detailed instructions here.
Shellac Application Instructions
- Apply Shellac UV Base Coat and cure each hand for 10 seconds under UV lamp.
- Apply one thin coat of Shellac color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply a second coat of color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply Shellac UV Top Coat and cure for 2 minutes.
- Remove the film left on top of the nail with a lint free pad soaked in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (available at most drugstores).
This is the perfect sheer pink. It does not sparkle. This is the favorite go to color in our house for both myself and my daughter
Subtle shimmery pink
The very first time I ever had shellac applied at the salon was with this colour. It is my favourite 'natural' CND Shellac polish I have tried so far, but I would recommend three coats to really notice the shimmer, otherwise it can seem like a really expensive clear coat.
Not what I expected
So I ordered this thinking it would be a nice white for a French tip, this was not the case. it ended up being a sheer pinkish toned color, I will use it for the pink overtone for my French, but as for being a white not even close. If you are going to buy this product, be aware it is more of a pale pink NOT white.
It really works
I have always been tough on nails. I do dishes, clean my house, camp, and play with the kids. This is the first nail polish that I have come access that hold out.