Gelish Matte Top It Off is to be applied over Gelish color polish and cured using a UV lamp. Polish application will last up to 3 weeks.
Gelish is a gel nail polish that is to be applied like regular polish but must be cured using a UV lamp. Gelish lasts much longer than your regular manicure; approximately 3 weeks without chipping or peeling. Dry time is instant, making the application process quick and easy.
See basic application instructions below or view detailed instructions here.
Gelish Application Instructions
- Apply one thin coat of Gelish Foundation Base Gel and place hand in UV lamp for 1 min.
- Apply one thin coat of Gelish color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply a second coat of Gelish polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply Gelish Top It Off and cure for 2 minutes.
- Remove the sticky/tacky film left on the nail with a lint free pad soaked in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol.
This is a nice top coat, but it certainly doesn't make the manicure very matte; it turns it into more of a shimmer than a gloss topcoat. It's not quite what I thought I would be getting.
I bought this wanting ti get in on the Matte trend so popular these days. Gelish products are fabulous however this one doesn't meet the standards. More of a dull satin finish then a true matte. Not horrible but not really what I wanted.
The polish comes out more matte than a regular top coat but there is still a "shine" to it. Not the "real" matte finish I was hoping for. I am a little disappointed. It's still nice but too shiny for a matte in my opinion. May as well use a regular shiny top coat.
Bought this as I have a few clients who wanted a matte finish. First time using it I fell in love. That night I had to do my own nail with the matte as well. Would recommend it to anyone and will be staying on my self.