CND Shellac is a cross between nail polish and gel. It is to be applied like regular nail polish but must be cured using a UV lamp.
Shellac lasts much longer than your regular manicure; up to 14 days without chipping or peeling. Dry time is instant, making the application process fast and ensuring your polish doesn’t smudge.
See basic application instructions below or view detailed instructions here.
Shellac Application Instructions
- Apply Shellac UV Base Coat and cure each hand for 10 seconds under UV lamp.
- Apply one thin coat of Shellac color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply a second coat of color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply Shellac UV Top Coat and cure for 2 minutes.
- Remove the film left on top of the nail with a lint free pad soaked in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (available at most drugstores).
This colour is a must-have if you love a French manicure! I used one coat, overtop of an opaque pink, before I painted on the white tips. This gave a great shine and shimmer to the look.
Grapefruit Sparkle is a great colour for a "barely there" look. It is very sheer and takes about 3 coats to have good coverage, but is extremely easy to apply. Would be a great colour for the bride, bridal party, or a everyday soft look. I also often use this colour on top of another colour to add some sparkle as it has a beautiful shimmer to it. If your looking for a simple soft colour this is a good option, I would almost say its a nude colour with a soft pink/sparkle undertone.
I love this colour, softest pick with a splash of sparkle.
I love this color when I just want a simple quick nail.