CND Shellac is a cross between nail polish and gel. It is to be applied like regular nail polish but must be cured using a UV lamp.
Shellac lasts much longer than your regular manicure; up to 14 days without chipping or peeling. Dry time is instant, making the application process fast and ensuring your polish doesn’t smudge.
See basic application instructions below or view detailed instructions here.
Shellac Application Instructions
- Apply Shellac UV Base Coat and cure each hand for 10 seconds under UV lamp.
- Apply one thin coat of Shellac color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply a second coat of color polish and cure for 2 minutes.
- Apply Shellac UV Top Coat and cure for 2 minutes.
- Remove the film left on top of the nail with a lint free pad soaked in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (available at most drugstores).
I love this colour. I ordered my second bottle. The hue is not as saturated. It takes 3 coats to achieve the same effect now. Not sure if this is a problem with the batch or if it is a permanent change. The colour is gorgeous though. It also looks amazing with silver sparkles layered over it.
Great effect for layering
I recently used grape gum as a base colour and then layered Hotski to Tchotchke over it...WOW, I fell in love! It looked awesome and it will definitely be one of my favourite layering combinations!
Grape Gum is a beautiful deep purple. The reason for the 4 star rating though is that the pigment isn't very dense. Maybe I got a bad batch, but it took 3 coats to get decent coverage. It is a gorgeous color however and I will wear it often.
I love this colour. Almost has a neony effect, really bright.