Gelish is a gel nail polish that is to be applied like regular polish but must be cured using either a UV or LED lamp. Polish application lasts up to 3 weeks and dry time is instant, making the application process quick and easy.
Watch this 3 min video to learn how Gelish is applied and removed or see our step by step instructions below.
Gelish Application Instructions
- Apply one thin coat of Hand & Nail Harmony PH Bond to the nail (recommendation only).
- Apply one thin coat of Gelish Foundation Base Gel. Place hand in lamp and cure for 1 min. Repeat on second hand.
- Using a dry lint free wipe or pad (with nothing on it) gently wipe the “deglaze” shiny surface (left from the Foundation Base Gel) from your nail.
- Apply one thin coat of Gelish color polish to one hand and cure for 2 minutes under lamp. Repeat on second hand.
- Apply a second coat of your Gelish color polish to one hand and cure for 2 minutes under lamp. Repeat on second hand.
- Apply one thin coat of Gelish Top It Off to one hand and cure for 2 minutes under lamp. Repeat on second hand.
- Remove sticky/tacky film left on the nail with a lint free pad soaked in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol. Nails will feel sticky when finished, be sure to remove this layer of film to harden nails.
Gelish Removal Instructions
- Using a nail file gently file the top of the nail to remove the shine and top layer of Gelish.
- Soak a cotton ball or pad with 99% acetone and apply it over the top of the nail.
- Wrap foil over the cotton ball and around each finger and wait 10 min.
- Grip each foil wrap, using a twisting motion pull the foil off one nail at a time.
- Remove residual polish from the nail using any wooden (cuticle) stick.