CND Shellac is a cross between nail polish and gel. It's to be applied like regular nail polish but is cured using a UV lamp. Polish application lasts at least 2 weeks.
Click the link below to watch a 4 min video on how Shellac is applied or see our step-by-step instructions below.
Click here to view instructions video
Shellac Application Instructions
- Remove shine and rough ridges from nails using pink buffer (optional)
- Clean oil/dirt off nails using Scrub Fresh or polish remover and a lint free pad (soap and water can also be used).
- Apply one thin coat of Shellac UV Base Coat to one hand and cure for 10 seconds under UV lamp. Repeat on second hand.
- Apply one thin coat of Shellac color polish to one hand and cure for 2 minutes under UV lamp. Repeat on the second hand.
- Apply a second coat of Shellac color polish to one hand and cure for 2 minutes under UV lamp. Repeat on second hand.
- Apply Shellac UV Top Coat to one hand and cure for 2 minutes. Repeat on second hand.
- Remove sticky/tacky film left on the nail with a nail wipe soaked in 79% or 99% Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol can also be used).
Nails will feel wet/sticky when finished, be sure to remove this sticky layer of film using Isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol to harden nails.
Isopropyl alcohol is not included in the Shellac Kit as it has high alcohol content. This product can be found at your local drug store. Rubbing alcohol can also be used if you have this at home.
Shellac Removal Instructions
Shellac can easily be removed using Shellac Remover Wraps or pure 100% acetone.
- Place each finger in a remover wrap.
- Soak the pad on the wrap with pure acetone.
- Place wrap under the finger and the soaked cotton pad over the nail.
- Secure wrap tightly.
- Leave for 10 minutes and apply pressure to the nail.
- Pull the remover wrap off the nail using a twisting motion.
- Use pure acetone and a lint free pad to remove any leftover residue.
- Pour pure 99% to 100% acetone into a small bowl.
- Soak your fingers in the acetone for 10 minutes.
- Pull fingers out and wait a couple minutes (polish should start cracking/peeling).
- Peel and push off polish using an orange stick (wooden cuticle stick).
- To remove remaining polish soak a cotton ball or pad in acetone and rub it over the nail.
- Wash hands with soap and water.